Today, the automotive industry accelerates electronic multi-functions. According to this trend, safety standards such as ISO26262 and IEC61508 require high environmental stress that is generated by thermal shock chambers for higher reliability of vehicle equipments.
It is available from 1,100-liter, 1,650-liter, and 2,200-liter models. Unlike conventional chambers, this enables thermal shock testing of large automobile parts (e.g. Li-ion battery modules, electric turbochargers, intercoolers, radiators, and inverters for vehicles), large flat panel displays, and relatively large products that could not be previously tested due to their size or weight. This is ideal for customers who need to quickly test large amounts of specimens, such as for quality inspection during the production process.
Available following three large-capacity models.
Basic control method is common by using the same interactive touch panel instrumentation as that of the standard TSA series for easy operation.
Large-capacity chambers bring with them the problems of installation space. This chamber has been designed to reduce protrusions as much as possible. The chamber consists of separable unit structure, which facilitates installation work. In addition, the refrigerator can be accessed from the rear for ease of maintenance.
In the testing of some specimens, such as battery modules, the weight of specimens increases since not only is the size of specimen large but also the loading capacity is large.
Various safety devices are available in case og testing second batteries and fuel cells that are flammable or gaseous.
* Be sure to install the safety device if the chamber is used for charge-discharge testing or testing Li-ion battery packs or Li-ion battery modules.
|Method||Two-zone by means of damper switching (three-zone optional)|
|High-temp. exposure range||+60°C to +150°C||+60°C to +180°C|
|Low-temp. exposure range||-50°C to -10°C||-60°C to -10°C|
|Hot chamber max pre-heat setting temperature||+180°C||+200°C|
|Hot chamber temperature heat-up time||Within 40 minutes from ambient temperature to +180°C||Within 30 minutes from ambient temperature to +200°C|
|Cold chamber min pre-cool setting temperature||-65°C||-75°C|
|Cold chamber temperature pull-down time||Within 150 minutes from ambient temperature to -65°C||Within 150 minutes from ambient temperature to -75°C||Within 80 minutes from ambient temperature to -75°C||Within 90 minutes from ambient temperature to -75°C|
|Temperature recovery time|| |
|Specimen (iron kg)||50kg||100kg||100kg||50kg||100kg||100kg|
|Test area||W1000mm |
|Outside dimensions||W2120mm |
|Weight||Approx. 3,400kg,||Approx. 3700kg||Approx. 3,900kg||Approx. 3,500kg||Approx. 4,200kg||Approx. 4,300kg|
|Power supply voltage||200 V AC, 3 ohm, 3W, 50/60 Hz (Can support any power supply voltage as an option)|
|Maximum current value||125||180||198||172||270||310|
|Cooling water volume |
(25°C water) L/hr
|Cooling water volume |
(32°C water) L/hr
|Piping connection port diameter||32A||32A||32A||32A||50A||50A|
* For product specifications other than those above, we will make the most suitable suggestion based on your testing requirements. Please contact our sales representatives.
|· Large Capacity Thermal Shock Chamber + LLC circulator|
|· -40°C ⇔ ＋85°C||Test area recovery time 5 min, |
exposure time 30 min
|· +30°C ⇔ +200°C||Test area recovery time 5 min||Specimen: |
heat exchanger around in-vehicle engine
|· -30°C ⇔ +110°C||Test area recovery time 5 min, |
exposure time 60 min
|Specimen: engine cover for vehicles|
* Please contact our sales representatives for more information on support for other testing standards, compatibility with system devices, and support for testing standards of automotive components including JASO D014.
* Please contact our sales representatives for more information on the conductor resistance evaluation system (AMR) and compatibility with various system devices. We will make the most suitable suggestion for the evaluation of Li-ion batteries based on our abundant experience.
* This chamber can be used in combination with vibration generators.